Catch my other blog filled with humor, love, laughter, ideas, & solutions along that path called home.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Joy in the Morning

Today, along with other neighbors, I woke up at 5:30 AM to go can stew at the cannery in Ogden City for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In days past, when one canned, we were able to buy some of what we canned to take home to our own food storage. However, things are now different. We were informed that this year, the cannery has been asked by the church to do three times the volume AND we are not allowed to buy any items for ourselves. With the economic crisis all over the world, the extra food is going to feed many who are suffering at this time.

We had an enjoyable day, visiting. My voice was almost hoarse from talking. We rode along (in the dark--I didn't know the sun hasn't risen by 5:30AM) with John Sims at the wheel...and boy did we get a ride--laughing and visiting to and from. I love my neighbors! What joy they bring to my life!

No comments:

A Little Dance...featuring Troy and Meghan

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!